Recently while writing, one of my Dad’s sayings flew from the lips of one of my characters. It made me think back to the many others I learned from that great man. Let us know any from yours that you hold fondly… or otherwise. Comment links are below.
Here’s a list of my father’s most memorable sayings. All should be accompanied only by the friendliest of smiles.
- You want a medal, or a chest to pin it on? (After we’d done something noteworthy.)
- Even a blind hog rootin’ in the woods turns up an acorn every once in a while. (When luck smiled upon us.)
- I’m surrounded by incompetence!
- No sense, no feeling.
- Useless as tits on a boar.
- I wouldn’t trust him farther than I can throw him.
- I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck!
- Can’t tell his ass from his elbow.
- Hotter than the hinges of blue hell.
- Colder than a witches tit in a brass brassiere.
- He’s sucking hind teat.
- Built like a brick outhouse. (Sturdy)
- Come hell or high water (I’m gonna…)
- Going to hell in a hand basket.
- This ain’t my first rodeo.